My Statutes, My Judgments, My Sabbaths
AIM: Through the Word of God there is a clear command to obey God’s Statutes, Judgments and Sabbaths. The result is a promise that we will be blessed in doing so? Jesus declared His obedience to God’s Commandments Matthew 5:17
The lies of the Fathers originate from the Lies of Satan
Established belief system formed by…
1. People 2. Experiences 3. Teaching
Examples of these lies are:
God is not necessary in the home.
- Prayer, Bible study, Sabbath
Only man can solve all the issues of life.
- Self-dependence not God dependence.
- Word at the expense of everything else (Money becomes the God & goal)
Fear is the dominating and controlling force in life.
- Fear is a result of a lack of faith which is a result of a lack of God’s Word.
- Faith is what pleases God where fear binds, restricts & hinders peace.
What happened to the Israelites are an example for us today!
1. Statutes - a decree or law issued by God
2. Judgments - discernment or separation between good and evil.
God always Judges according to His Law.
We are judged according to His Commands.
3. Sabbaths - the practice of observing 1 day in 7 as a time for rest and worship.
Established by God (Gen 2:1, 4:2, 4:26, Lk 4:16, Mk 2:28)
Jewish religious leaders made the Sabbath a bind rather than a rest.
Jesus reminds us that He is the “Lord of the Sabbath” Matthew 11:28-30
Obedience to God’s commands is critical for a person to walk in His miracle power and to have favour and blessing in life.